The BHPRA have heard that work will start “by the end of the summer holiday” to construct a new pedestian and cycle crossing across the end of Bury Street West. The junction will be closed for up to 10 days while the work is carried out. Diversions along Wellington Road will be in place, but residents living in Queen Anne’s Grove and Blakesware should expect traffic congestion.
The work includes the following:
- a widened loading bay in Church Street outside Gregs to improve business loading
- an “informal” crossing to be created for pedestrians and cycles with two islands
- kerb on the south side of the junction to be built-out to reduce traffic speed turning left into Church Street
- a cycle-way to be created on the pavement between Bury Street West and Blakeware Gardens
- the parking outside Lords’ gas bottle yard to be limited to “loading only”
- junction to be resurfaced