Local residents have been informed by LBE that work on the junction, including closing the junction to traffic, will start on Monday 20th August 2018.
The letter says:
[This] is to inform you of work to construct a cycle route in your local area including pedestrian crossing facilities. Work on the latest Cycle Enfield cycle route at Bury Street West and Church Street is due to start on the 20th August 2018. Work will take place between 8am and 6pm primarily between Monday and Friday. The work is expected to take no more than 4 weeks. Bury Street West will be closed at the junction with Church Street for 7 to 10 days at the start of the scheme. This has been programmed during the summer holidays to minimise disruption.
Please note that:
- As part of the works are being undertaken under a road closure between 08:00 and 18:00, we will restrict access to the site to EMERGENCY VEHICLES ONLY.
- Residents will be provided with access to their properties returning home during this time. However in certain circumstances we may not be able to do this and will ask you to park in the nearest available side road until the works are completed.
The works will be carried out in four stages as follows:
- Construction of traffic islands and footway buildouts
- Widening of existing parking bay into a loading bay
- Footway works including cycle track
- Planing and resurfacing of the carriageway
The scheduled dates could be subject to change due to any unforeseen circumstances. More information on the project including detailed drawings for the scheme are available if you email email@example.com