A planning application (18/04923/FUL) has been lodged with LBE for a car wash on the Paulin Ground. This will seriously impact the Scots area.
The BHPRA has written the following letter of objection:
18/04923/FUL | Change of use of land to provide a hand wash car facility. | Land Paulin Ground Fords Grove London N21 3ER
We write on behalf of Bush Hill Park Residents Association, a group of over 600 members, to object to the above planning application. Our objections are:
- Our understanding is that there are a number of tree preservation orders in place. The removal of trees would have a detrimental effect on the area.
- The is no water or electricity supply.
- Water and solid waste do not appear to have been adequately considered
- Asphalting the area would destroy the natural area, particularly when there is a presumption of retaining green space in the area
- There would be an increase in traffic in a residential area.
Although not planning issues, we would also make the following points:
- The 5th Southgate Scout Group celebrated its 100-year anniversary in March 2017. For more than sixty years the Scout Group have used the Scout Field, located at the edge of the Paulin Ground
- The Scouts use this space for a range of activity
- There are issues around wild life
- Car washes are notorious for the trafficking of vulnerable people.
We would ask that this application is rejected.